Sunday, April 17, 2011

I love you forever

I am the mother of an eight year old! Wow. I can't believe it, I still see him as a small little baby and sometimes I wish I could rock him like I did when he was just an infant. One of my favorite stories is the children's book  Love You Forever of a mother loving her son as he gets older and older and while he's sleeping she rocks her growing boy; then when she gets older he comes to see her and rocks her. She sings to him "I love you forever, I like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be." It's everything I want Marty to know. I read this story to him again on his birthday. My heart filled with love when I looked over to see tears in my 8 year olds eyes. I realized he understands how special this love is, this mother son thing!

This week I watched Marty with different eyes. I saw a mature little version of that baby I had, and I thought when did that happen? It seems as if almost over night. I wonder what the next several years will bring and I pray he will become an amazing man!

I'm so grateful that I was blessed with Marty and I love everyday I have with him!

Dear Marty,
I love you forever
I like you for always
as long as I'm living my baby you'll be!
Love,
Marty's Mom



p.s. Marty also has taken on new responsibility with Stella the Rat his favorite birthday present ever...I know I can't believe I went for it either!!

No comments:

Post a Comment